WHY ARE AMERICA'S MAIN STREETS IMPORTANT?
Main Streets are really the heartbeat of America's cities and towns. They play an important part in the long-term success of communities and really help build a sense of place. When Main Streets are strong, so are the communities that surround them.
The goal of the America's Main Streets contest is to help promote the importance and strong economic benefits of these Main Streets and the small businesses that help them thrive. Please help us by nominating and telling us about a deserving Main Street. The winning Main Street will receive $25,000 in cash and related prizes to help revitalize that Main Street.
Organizations that qualify for the contest include Downtown Improvement Districts, Business Improvement Districts, Independent Business Districts, Independent Business Associations, Local First groups and formal Main Street organizations.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email us at info@IndepedentWeStand.org
"Over $65 billion has been reinvested into America's Main Streets since 1980. Which in turn helped create 126,476 new businesses and rehabilitated 260,011 buildings." Source: Main Street America" Source: Main Street America
- Grand Prize: $25,000
- STIHL Equipment Certificate: A certificate for $1000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the US.
- SnapRetail: Full one year subscription valued at $1,300 that includes email marketing, social media scheduling and a new website.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Pittsburgh Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Alignable small business social media "Neighborhood"
- Special plaque awarded to the winner to proudly display