One cow and twenty acres of land was all it took for T.G. Lee and his wife, Elizabeth, to open a dairy farm east of Orlando in 1925. Three years later, the first flight arrived at Orlando Municipal Airport up the street. In the decades since, The Milk District, still anchored by its namesake dairy, has evolved into a diverse community of small businesses, residents, and visitors. The Milk District has come a long way from pasture land to a progressive, inclusive neighborhood and would use the award to further its mission to enhance and preserve the small business community, while nurturing the arts, culture, and ongoing development of our creative district. The primary use of the award would be for public art and beautification projects in the neighborhood.